Where to start?

That is the question not just for this blog, but for the project that will be its primary subject.

I have a sizable collection of vintage computers, consisting of 70+ machines from a handful of different manufacturers. My primary interest is Apple. I've been a Mac user since 1993, when my best friend received a Macintosh Quadra 605 for Christmas. One year later, for Christmas, I received my first computer, a used Macintosh IIsi that my mom bought from a co-worker. It had 9 MB RAM, 40 MB HD, and a 20 MHz Motorola 68030 CPU. I purchased my second computer in 1997, a Mac PowerBook Duo 270c. A laptop. The Duo and IIsi were my main computers until my first new computer purchase - The iMac, in 1998.

After that it is all kind of a blur...

How did I come to acquire 70+ computers? Honestly, I'm not quite sure. It just kind of happened. I'm not even sure where they all came from.

The collection is relegated to a corner of my basement, where it resides out of sight, sitting on crude shelving that is long overdue for replacing - and certainly not ideal for displaying these vintage machines.


My goal is to blog my experiences while I catalog, sort, test, repair, mourn those that cannot be repaired, and reminisce about about one of my favorite hobbies, that I have sadly neglected for several years now. For now the blog layout is bland and basic. This should improve eventually. I've been sitting on this blog Idea for 4 years now, so it's time to just get started!

Disclaimer: I am not a writer. I don't play one on television. I wouldn't know where to begin to impersonate one. I punctuate like I've never even heard of the English language. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The NeXT Mac

Apple II Serial Terminal

Fried Apple